Telecom / Cloud Operations Manager
GRNET offers and continuously develops advanced and specialized services for the Greek Educational, Academic and Research community. With a versatile portfolio of cloud, network connectivity, high-performance computing, security, authentication and authorization services and applications, GRNET addresses institutions and individual members of the research and academic community as well as virtual organizations at institutional, national or international level supporting both their day-to-day IT requirements and specialized requirements for IT-intensive research. GRNET also provides advanced services to the sectors of Health and Culture.
Our people are the secret to our success. We are currently looking for a dynamic and passionate Telecom / Cloud Operations Manager to manage the operations teams for GRNET’s network, cloud infrastructure and IT services.
The successful candidate for the Telecom/Cloud Operations Manager position will be managing distinct operations teams of 5-8 members in each in the below areas:
- Network Operations including optical/IP/data center networks and network security
- Data Center infrastructure and Cloud Operations
- IT service operations
The responsibilities of the Telecom/Cloud Operations Manager will be:
- Overlooking all operational processes and principles including configuration management, deployments, upgrades, maintenance, automation, capacity management, performance monitoring
- Management of the organization’s multi-tiered technical support center, from call center to 3rd level technical support, as well as coordination with external support partners
- Overlooking DevOps implementation principles in the operational environment
- Coordinating operational input to network and data-center related procurement specifications and processes, including new infrastructure deployment
- Coordinating development, refinement and documentation of operational policies, processes, procedures as well as overlooking their implementation and application
- Coordinating definition and management of service level agreements for production-level infrastructure and services
- Responsible for backup services and disaster recovery of production-level infrastructure and services
- Management and budgeting of operational costs
- Technical degree and at least 4 years of experience in a manager position on network and/or cloud/IT operations.
- Advanced experience and technology know-how in the following topics:
- Telecommunication networks (IP, optical, next generation/software-defined networking) and/or cloud/virtualization technologies and data center operations
- IT automation solutions and tools (with focus on open-source solutions)
- IT security processes and technologies
- IT service delivery processes and service management
- Operations’ teams management (multi-tiered scheme, 24/7)
- Understanding/experience in working in a DevOps environment
- Quality management
- Operations budget management
- Project management
- Proven people’s management and leadership skills in a service delivering environment
- Solid understanding of network and systems operational processes and workflows
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills in English (fluent spoken and written)
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Managerial seniority and ability to participate in senior management with a company holistic view.
- Able to demonstrate business acumen at the same time as understanding state of the art network and cloud technologies.
- Organized and methodical with the ability to prioritize and to work to a high degree of responsibility and accountability
- Mature personality able to work effectively in a multi-dimensional, multi-cultural cutting-edge environment
- Open for change, flexible – willing and able to take on new activities
- Willing and able to learn quickly and independently across a wide range of technologies relevant to the company’s activities
An exciting, dynamic and fast paced working environment that encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning of state-of-the-art technology.
A competitive remuneration package and benefits, international collaborations and an environment that fosters innovation.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.